Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mid week suprise


I find it to be a suprise that I have finished one baby quilt in the middle of the week. I got the little pig quilt done and put aside. It must be the fact that I have this sewing area. The fact that my sewing machine is out in the open every day now. I walked by that quilt on my sewing table wednesday morning while getting ready for work. I thought to myself, "well the binding is all pinned on, all it needs is a quick sew." "I surely can do that before I leave for the office." And I did.

It just felt odd to sew in the middle of the week, and odder yet, I didn't have to pull the sewing machine out of it's bag and all my threads and bobbins. How wonderful to have it all set up and I just sit down by the sewing station and sew. I know I know, not a big deal for most of you. But to me this is the greatest thing that has happen to me in years.
Now it should just take me another quick minute to finish the other baby quilt right? We will have to see about that.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I remember when my kids were all living at home I had to use the dining room table and like you said at meal time had to pick up and put away. It is so nice now to be able to leave everything out and just go and sew. You are progressing with your quilting!