Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Own Sewing Area!!!!!!

My own little sewing area. Mine, mine, mine and mine. It might not be a big deal to some of you but to me it is a really really big deal. You see we live in a very small house. It is just the right size for the two of us. We don't need anything special or fancy. But when ever I want to sew, I have to pull out my sewing machine and set it up with all of my equipment in the kitchen. It was the only area with room for me and all my stuff. Right there on the kitchen table. So as you can imagine, when it was time for meals, or company comes over, I needed to pack everything up and put it away in the other room.










I didn't really mind. I mean I was used to it. But I always dreamed of someday having a small spot just for me and my sewing machine. Someplace where I could leave my material and supplies out all day and even overnight. Well, now I finally have that. I was able to sell my big oak china hutch and that made some room in the den. I got a new floor lamp, set up a table and Volia!!!!!!!!!!! My sewing area ! ! ! ! !

I was able to accomplish some sewing today as well. I got another row done on my fat quarter quilt, and I have my binding all pinned on the baby quilt so I can finish that. We will see what tomorrow brings, because now all I have to do is roll out of bed and walk into my new sewing area.

No comments: