Monday, May 4, 2009

Productive weekend

Whew! What a weekend! And I still managed to get some sewing done.
My computer is down and in the shop, so no pictures to show for all my hard work.
I enlisted the help of a painter friend to paint the sewing room. It is just beautiful. And now it needs some decorative touches. But I have plenty of time for that.
My big brother Joe came for a visit and was able to help me put a new ceiling light/fan up. It looks wonderful, and the perk was that I got to spend some time with big brother.
Sunday morning my services were needed for babysitting my two grand daughters. So my morning was filled with blowing bubbles and building sand messes. We had fun and when daddy came to pick them up they didn't want to go.
I did get one quilt top done. Something to be set aside for sandwiching and quilting later. It will be a christmas gift for my sister in law. I managed to finish the BOM quilt from Judy's site. I made some changes since I don't know a thing about pieceing fabric. I made the borders wider so that the quilt now measures 100 x 100. Hopefully that will be big enough for the kid's king size bed. I will be long arming it at the end of this month. By then I hope to have my computer back to I can post some pictures.
By sunday afternoon Bill was home from his week of turkey hunting, with nothing to show for it but some dirty laundry. Oh well, it was a relaxing week for both of us.
I would say I had a productive weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: