Sunday, May 10, 2009

End of a busy weekend

Whew, where did the weekend go.
What a wonderful Mother's Day. It always is a good mother's day for me. I have wonderful daughters that always want to make my day special.
After spending the morning at one daughter's house having my son in law make breakfast, I was surprised by my youngest daughter and her fiance when they arrived to spend the morning with me as well. Our time together went fast, and my grandson's made it special too.

I got my mending done, and I thought I would just dabble around with something. So I went thru my drawers of scraps and started organizeing and an idea came to me.
I made a table runner early this evening out of some scaps that I just didn't want to throw away. Not that big of a deal, but I needed to practice with my free motion quilting and also on my binding work. The quilting went well and I even surprised myself with the results, but my binding,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, practice practice practice.


Oh and I needed to get some salsa made up first. We were all out quite a while ago, and Bill has been after me for more. So I made some late this afternoon from some tomatoes I had in the freezer. 14 pints actually. Finished the last in the hot water bath about 5:30 this afternoon. Just in time to make supper.
I guess it was a very full weekend!

1 comment:

Margo in Maine said...

salsa look yummy....I use to can but do not anymore....much to the chagrin of my hubby..there is nothing like 'homemade'....your table runner looks great too...A wedding in the making how exciting.....Maine