Sunday, May 31, 2009

End of May

Here it is, the end of May. Goodness where does time fly. Tomorrow is back to work again.
Today was a productive day. Sweet Treat Bag is the name of this fabulous little bag made from Honey Buns from Moda. This fun and fast bag makes up in minutes. It is the perfect bag for sewing notions, or maybe a cosmetic bag. I think these will make wonderful gifts.

Maybe fill them with some treats from your favorite bath and body store, or perhaps a gift certificate to go shopping to fill with their favorite cosmetics.

This bag was so addicting, I had to make two. After all, when you buy Honey Buns by Moda, they come two to a package.

I found some free time today to get a few quilts sandwiched and ready to be quilted. The one to the left is for my sister in law. Not a real big hurry, it will be a christmas gift. I also sanwiched a quilt I am making for my brother in law, however for some reason it did not show up well on my camera. Oh well, I am sure there will be another post when it is completely done.


This is the wall hanging I am putting together for my daughter's wedding in August. It is sandwiched and ready to be quilted and the binding put on. Thanks to my good girl friend who took time out today to come over and crawl around on the floor with me getting all these quilts ready for the next step. She was truly a big help.
And my sister who lives in Michigan did the embroidery on this wall hanging. Does it not give it that special touch?
I would not have gotten this far on these projects without their help.
Oh and this was the weekend I was to long arm the wedding quilt. Well, let me tell ya, nothing worked out where that was concerned. I get all the way to Green Bay and found out that they sold out of the 108" wide fabric I needed for the backing. So we looked around the shop to try and find something else that we would have to pieced together. We did find one great looking fabric, however there was not enough material on the bolt for what I needed. So I left Green Bay, and the wedding quilt stayed. Jana from My Favorite Quilt Shop will be doing the long arm work as soon as the material for the backing I ordered comes in. It was a let down, but I don't want to try to schedule another day to try again. What if something else goes wrong, We only have 2 1/2 months to go before the big day. Jana does a wonderful job, and it will probably turn out better.

No comments: