Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend is Over!!!

What a nice relaxing weekend. Bill came home on saturday as expected and brought home way too much fish. It is a good thing we love to eat fish cause we will be eating lots of fish for the next year.

I manage to finish some projects this weekend. Now I didn't do all of these this weekend, just finished them. I was able to get alot done during the week and a half that bill was gone fishing.
This darling baby girl quilt is a cheater panel, but it gave me practice at free motion quilting. I can never have enough practice.

My grandson Ivan instructed grandma to take this t shirt home and put something on it. I bought this shirt for him to wear with a pair of pj pants I made him. He wanted something on it, so I traced a train from a coloring book complete with the steam to put on this shirt. I will mail it out to him tomorrow and wait to see what he says.

I was able to spend this afternoon putting this wildlife quilt together for my brother in law. I think it is not quite big enough, better add another border before this gets sandwiched and quilted. Pretty easy to put togher when you use a panel that you cut your blocks from.


And I finshed this top this week. Used up blocks I found in a clearance bin at a out of the way quilt shop. I followed a pattern called pineapple squares. You can put a square in a square in a square.....as many times as you want. Just need to sandwich and quilt this up and it is another baby quilt to be added to my stash. You never know when you get invited to a baby shower of someone you knows is expecting.




These are my blocks for the thimbleberries club. Had to make 2 BOM's
I like these!



And my pin wheels from the free fat quarter I get at each club meeting. You would think I would get these pinwheels straight by now. I think I should just give it up and try some other pattern for blocks.





No comments: