Friday, November 12, 2010

Too much to do!

Why we do this? We start many projects and then try to get them all done at once.
Ok, so maybe it's just me that does it. Here is what I have been busy doing since my last blog.

This is the BOM for November Thimbleberries quilt. Actually it is a border made up of 96 triangle blocks that make a sawtooth border. Doesn't that sound like fun!
I invested in a package of Thangles to help me out with this 2 inch triangle square. And that blue piece in the upper left corner of the picture is my fat quarter for the month that needs to be turned into a block by the next quilt club meeting in December.

And then I have finally gotten around to cutting and sewing my yellow brick road quilt that I have been saving black and white material for the past two years. Here is a container filled with all the blocks, just waiting to be sewed together into the quilt. I even got the binding done for this project already. I know it is going to need a border once it is sewed together, but since I don't know where this quilt is going, I can take my time with it.

And then grandma drops whatever she is doing when the grandchildren need something. Here are four pairs of polar fleece pj bottoms for the kiddo's. These are a snap to make so I really didn't have to stop everything...........
And I am happy to help out keeping them warm this winter.

And this is a wool table runner that I have been sitting in the evening doing the hand work on. I need to get the backing on and it should be done. I just love these three guys. I think I will have to make another one, such a cute project and very relaxing to do.

And ofcourse the deer flannel quilt is still sitting around waiting for the handwork on the binding to be done. Got to finish that.
I have been setting my alarm for an hour earlier each morning before I start getting ready for work. I am using this time to catch up on some of these projects. And a couple of these are christmas gifts. So I am hopeful to finish these soon, cause there is more waiting in the wings.




No comments: