Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hard to concentrate

Well I got the snowman table runner done.
And just in time to, because my oldest daughter has fallen in love with it from early on in the production stage. She has a spot picked out for it in her dinning room already.
How funny.

This weekend was a hard one to concentrate. Or maybe just hard to keep my attention long enough on one project.
I did have my share of running and errands to do this weekend, and ofcourse there was the sleeping in part that I loved.
But sewing, well I couldn't keep myself focus on one thing.
I did get the flannel outdoors man quilt all done complete with hand binding work. And I got all materials cut out for the BOM for November for my quilt club. This month's BOM is four sawtooth strips that make up a border. Thank goodness for the thangles, because these small 2"triangle squares would be very difficult for me. I am just terriable with triangles.
I need to make 196 squares to be sewed together and border a 4 1/2 inch strip. I have some squares done but lots more to go.
And then I quickly put a christmas lap quilt together for an adopted elderly lady for christmas. It was very quick and easy, it's made with a panel and three borders. Very cute. All I need now to do is attatch the binding.

I just seemed to go back and forth to different projects, first the 2 1/2 inch triangles, then back to the christmas quilt, then fiinish the binding work on the outdoors man quilt, then press some squares, back to the triangles. Just back and forth.
So I quit for the day. Nothing is keeping my attention other than the couch, which by the way has my knitting sitting on it. Oops, first I need to take the binding off this mini snowman quilt, it looks terriable.......See what I mean

No comments: