Sunday, March 7, 2010

Laid back weekend

This weekend I had the long arm reserved in Green Bay for the afternoon on saturday to finish up my thimbleberries quilt. It has been quite awile since I did this, and I found it still alot of fun.

I spent the entire weekend in Green Bay with my youngest daughter and her husband. We spent alot of time playing on the Wii. She has the fitness Wii. I certainly got a good work out. I left today with sore arms and hips. My poor old bones.
Later this afternoon I was able to obtain a second hand Baby lock serger. It is pretty old, and I will need to get the manual online somewhere... but this machine was quite a deal and it came from a sewing fix it shop.
I got it all threaded and practiced a bit on it but I promised myself that I wouldn't use it till I was able to get a manual and had a chance to read it.
I now need to focus my attention on my yearly trip to Michigan. I will be leaving this thursday and staying until sunday with my sister. And she has our days filled with projects. I am looking forward to the bonding time with sis and the much needed time off of work.

No comments: