Friday, August 7, 2009

I think it's a slow week

I really do! I think this week is just taking forever to get over with. I'm not complaining, because who would want to wish time away, but I am so looking forward to my alone time on saturday. And here it is friday morning, and I am at work wishing the day was over so I can go home and get a few things done. My mind is racing of things to do when I get home.

First of all, there is the Relay for Life that is going on starting this afternoon and going until tomorrow morning. This is the town's biggest money raising event. And people from area cities come together to raise money for Cancer Research. I and my good friend go every year to show our support. We walk until usually around 10 or 11 at night, until our legs are so tired we can barely walk home.
The weather forecast is not so good this year and I am afraid the event won't be so successful. They are calling for some severe storms to start late this afternoon and go well into the evening. Oh well, we will have to bring unbrellas.

As for saturday, I have already alerted my friends and family that I want to be left alone. (the original plan was for the whole weekend, but I gave in to some obligations) I have a list going as to what I all want to accomplish tomorrow. I better get up bright and early to get started on it.

No comments: