Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday afternoon

Not bad for a partial sewing weekend. We had such a lovely time at my daughter's and future son in law's home. We all gathered together for a grill out to meet the future in laws. Very nice in deed.
As for the sewing part of the weekend, here is my scrap star quilt I am making for my oldest daughter. These blocks come from the Thimbleberries quilt club. Once a month we are given a fat quarter which we need to make into a block and bring back each month at the meeting in order to get another fat quarter. These will make a nice queen size quilt at the end of the year. And these are my BOM for the next meeting. We are leaving next week for vacation and will return the night before the next Thimbleberries meeting. So this was a have to get done project for this weekend.

And this is my next set of blocks made from the June fat quarters. They will be added into my quilt also.

I just had to putz. So many projects I have sitting here half done or waiting to be started. So what should I do. I know start another project. LOL


This is a kitty cell phone holder. I found this pattern at the last Quilt Show I went to in Chicago, WI. It is just the cutest thing. I at least got it cut out.


And as long as I was in the cutting mood, I thought I would take my scraps and cut them up. I have a stash of 4" blocks and 2 1/2" strips. My box is not quite full, but my big box of scraps is very very full. So I thought I would start a stash of smaller scraps. It is easier to look at and come up with something to do with them this way. Hopefully I can keep up this way.
Taking a break right now, hubby wants some home made lasagna for supper. Need to get at that.




No comments: