Saturday, August 23, 2008


What a beautiful weekend. And I am caught up on all my housework, so I deceided to spend the time sewing. I started making some grocery bags for myself, the ones they sell at the store are so small, I mean really what do they think you are going to get in those bags. And then I got the idea to make one for each of my three daughters. I thought it would be cool to fill it with groceries when I present it to each of them. Well my sister thought she would help me by embroidering something on each bag. So I sent her four. She loved them so much she sent me material to make her three, and then called later to say "can you make two more, camo type please for my honey" So I sit down this morning to make them, and next thing you know Bill says to me "you are making me one in camo aren't you?" And then my girlfriend poped in and saw what I was doing....................well you get the picture, 11 grocery totes later I deceided to take a break. I still have some mending to do and a baby quilt that needs it's binding. So hopefully I will get to that yet today. Like a said, it is a beautiful weekend, I think I need to go outside for some fresh air before I go back to the sewing machine.

1 comment:

BarbC said...

What a great idea... and I love the embrodiery! Barb