Sunday, August 10, 2008

First Day


Good evening every one. This is my first day on my new blog. I have just spent a quiltathon weekend. Some projects finished, some projects started. Not sure if I gained any ground there. LOL
I have enclosed my 1st BOM from the patchworktimes BOM quilt project. As you can see I have chosen to do this project in pink and browns. This is the first time I ever did a BOM and I have to admit that I did have to use the seam ripper once. As you can see, it's not perfect, but then again I am a newbie and still learning.

7 comments:

SueR said...

Congratulations on your new blog! I love the pink and brown color combo and have wanted to make a pink and brown quilt for ages. Your block may not be perfect, but it's *done*, and it's pretty! You'll get better, keep at it!

Perry said...

Welcome to Blogland! You will find lots of tutorials out here that will help you with your quilting. Your color combo should turn out real well; brown and pink are very popular right now.

Jane said...

Your block looks great! I am new to quilting also and I love it. I found a lot of info at www.quiltville.com It is a great website and has free patterns and she (Bonnie Hunter) gives good directions.

Marilyn said...

You are doing a great job. I'm not participating in the BOM. I may jump in a little later when I get caught up on some things. Why not visit my blog? I'm going to having a giveaway soon.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new blog and on trying the BOM. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Hopefully you'll pick up some tips along the way while doing the BOM. Love your colors!

Margo in Maine said...

Welcome to blog land..I have not done it very long and am enjoying it too...keeps you thinking what to post...
BOM ..this is my first time online and I think I am really going to like it...I like to learn ....your pink and brown will be nice... matches the background of your blog...we all were newbie's once but it is good to stretch and learn...

Julie in the Barn said...

Welcome to the world of quilting and blogging. You are a brave soul to jump right in on Judy's BOM. You are doing fabulous so far. Great job.