Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quilt-a-thon Weekend

It began on saturday morning at 9 am and didn't end till 5pm sunday. I am exausted. First I made this pillowcase for my grandson Nickolas. He will be three in a month and needed a big boy pillow case.

Next I needed to comple blocks out of the free fat quarter I received from the Thimbleberries club for February.

And I needed to complete the February Block of the Month, which was three house blocks. This will be an adorable Thimbleberries quilt. I am so excited to be working on this.
And my biggest accomplishment this weekend was the Thimbleberries quilt from the 2009 Block of the Month.



I am so proud of this quilt. This is the most difficult quilt I have ever made, And if you look careful enough you can see all my mistakes. At least I can. But my goodness I am still looking at this and thinking I can'f believe I did this. Thanks to my girlfriend for giving up her time this weekend to watch me put all the blocks together. What I lack in confidence I make up for in the number of my friends that believe in me.


No comments: