Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super fast weekend

Another one of those weekends where I seem to burn the candle at both ends.
This weekend was nothing but a blur, Saturday I spent the day at our local quilt shop taking a class on making buggy barn quilts. It takes alot of prep work to get to the point of sewing the pieces together. Our instructor said that alot of women find it so much fun that they do only buggy barn quilts. Working from 10 in the morning till 3:30 in the afternoon and all I got done was this one square. Which actually needs to be squared off yet. And on sunday, don't you think I should of picked it up and continued with it? Yeah, that would of been the thing to do.

Instead I worked on the blocks made from my free fat quarter from the January quilt club meeting. Seeing as the next one is tomorrow nite, I knew I have to get these done.


And the block of the month for January blocks. Ok, so I put it off a couple of weeks, I at least got it done in time. So many projects and so little time.

I also made a couple of pillow case for one of my son in laws. Long story, but the guy doesn't throw nothing away. He tried to give me a pillow case that he had years ago in his college dorm room. He needed me to patch it up for him. I threw it out and made these for him instead.

And I got my table runner finally done. Alot of applique, but it was fun.
With all that to do it is no wonder my weekend just rushed by. And I did manage to get the wash and grocery shopping done too. That's about it for the housework.
And now it's time to settle down by my honey in the livingroom and pretend I am interested in the Superbowl. Oh you laugh, but your doing the same thing aren't you?





No comments: